Green Meadows is located on the west side of Ager Road near Riggs Road. The developer-built Green Meadows was platted in the early 1940s and completed by 1942. The street pattern of Green Meadows is a fragmented grid of curved parallel streets. The houses are primarily two-family attached units constructed of brick or brick and frame. The Green Meadows subdivision was extended on its south end by two streets in 1957. Community features included the Rosa L. Parks Elementary School, opened in 2006, and the Heurich Park. The neighborhood is about a mile from the West Hyattsville and Prince George's Plaza stations on the Washington MetroGreen Line and a short drive to the campus of the University of Maryland, College Park.