Fountain Springs, California

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article

 
Jump to: navigation, search

Fountain Springs was a settlement established in Tulare County before 1855, at the junction of the Stockton - Los Angeles Road and the road to the Kern River gold mines. From 1858 to 1861, Fountain Springs was a station on the Butterfield Overland Mail route, 14 miles southeast of Tule River Station and 12 miles north of Mountain House.[1] The site of the settlement was 1 1/2 miles northwest of the California Historical Landmark NO. 648 on the southwest corner of County Roads J22 and M 109 (old Springville Stage Route), in Tulare County, California.[2]

References

Coordinates: 35°53′28″N 118°54′56″W / 35.89111°N 118.91556°W / 35.89111; -118.91556