Forest Green is an unincorporated community in southeastern Chariton County, Missouri, United States. It is located about eight miles south of Salisbury on Route 5. It was settled in the 1870s. Its post office has closed; mail now comes from Salisbury.
Forest Green in Chariton Township was laid out by John Green Forest in 1873. It was located on the right-of-way of the Keokuk and Kansas City Railroad System and connected Salisbury and Glasgow. This branch line was abandoned in 1942. The Chariton County Fair used to be held at Forest Green starting in 1910 and ceased being held there in 1928. The famed Forest Green Band was organized in 1886. Originally called The Forks of the Chariton Band Association, played on various occasions, but its longest engagements were for a week each year from 1923 to 1939 at the MFA Convention in Sedalia, Missouri. The band members were mostly farmers and many sets of brothers comprised the musical group. For a number of years, and in more recent times, the band presented a concert at the Roanoke Ice Cream Social in Howard County.
Coordinates: 39°18′54″N 92°50′16″W / 39.315°N 92.83778°W