From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article

Jump to: navigation, search
A fluffer on set of a gay pornographic movie handing a lubricant to the actor playing the role of a "top"

A fluffer is a person employed to keep an adult film star aroused on the set.[1] These duties, which do not necessarily involve touching the actors, are considered part of the makeup department. After setting up the desired angle, the director asks the actors to hold position and calls for the fluffer to "fluff" the actors for the shot. Fluffing could also entail sexual acts such as fellatio or non-penetrative sex.[2]

In popular culture

The 2001 film The Fluffer was about a film buff, with a crush on a porn star who is straight, for whom he wound up working as a fluffer in gay porn.[3] A 2003 release also entitled The Fluffer was a four-minute short comedy film.[4] It can work for both sexes as well.

This usage, in pornography, as a hired member of the crew of a pornographic movie whose role on the set is to sexually arouse the male participants prior to the filming of scenes that require erections[5] became a more popular one as result of the film.[citation needed]