|Other names||Charles Floyd Mutrux|
|Occupation||Writer and director|
Floyd Mutrux (born June 21, 1941) is an American stage and film director, writer, producer, and screenwriter.
He began his work in Hollywood as an uncredited writer for Two-Lane Blacktop (1971). His career continued with The Christian Licorice Store (1971; writer/producer), Dusty and Sweets McGee (1971; writer, producer and director) and Freebie and the Bean (1974; story and executive producer). He wrote and directed Aloha, Bobby and Rose (1975) and The Hollywood Knights (1980). Mutrux also directed American Hot Wax (1978). His later work includes Dick Tracy (1990; executive producer), American Me (1992; writer/executive producer), Blood in Blood Out (1993; screenplay), There Goes My Baby (1994; writer/director) and Mulholland Falls (1996; story).
For musical theatre, Mutrux wrote Million Dollar Quartet (2010) and Baby It's You! (2009).
Mutrux studied in New York while working at Second City, Chicago, and later attended Columbia University.
He married Penny Long, with whom he had one son, Ashley, but they later divorced. He is now married to Brigitte Mutrux.
- ^ "Who's Nominated?". Tony Awards. IBM Corp. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ Gans, Andrew."Foster and Stanley Will Join Original Chicago Quartet for Broadway's Million Dollar Quartet" Playbill.com, January 21, 2010
- ^ Fick, David. "Million Dollar Quartet Opens Tonight". Musical Cyberspace, April 11, 2010
- ^ Jones, Kenneth. "Producers of Baby It's You! Eyeing Broadhurst Theatre and Beth Leavel". Playbill. January 14, 2011.
- ^ Jones, Kenneth. "Shirelles Musical Baby It's You! Takes More Steps Toward Broadway" playbill.com, October 20, 2010.
- ^ Reidel, Michael. "Musical's a Shirelles thing". The New York Post. January 13, 2011.
- ^ "Mutrux's Baby, It's You Musical to Play Broadhurst in Spring with Leavel in Talks to Star?". Broadway.com, January 14, 2011.
- ^ a b http://broadwayworld.com/article/BABY_ITS_YOU_Set_to_Open_427_at_Broadhurt_Starring_Beth_Leavel_20010101
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0616152/