Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) is a professional certification sponsored by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), which is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Candidates for the certification must meet certain educational and experience requirements, join and maintain tenure in ACHE, and pass an examination before the designation is awarded.
Professionals who are members of ACHE and engaged in the field of healthcare management may be qualified to become an FACHE.
Obtaining the FACHE credential takes place in two qualification stages. The first involves qualifying to take the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management. The second involves tenure in ACHE and continuing education credit hours.
To qualify to take the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management, a candidate must:
- Have at least a Masters degree
- Currently hold a healthcare management position and have at least two years of healthcare management experience
- Obtain three references from existing FACHEs, including one structured interview
- Complete application and pay fee to take examination
To then obtain the FACHE credential, a healthcare manager must:
- Take and pass the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management
- Have at least three years of tenure as an ACHE Member
- Have five years of healthcare management experience
- Have completed 40 hours of continuing education credits in the five years prior (12 hours of this must be Category I [ACHE education] credit)
- Participate in healthcare related and general community/civic activities