"inequity" redirects here. It is not to be confused with inequality
|Look up equity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Equity may refer to:
Finance, accounting and ownership
- Equity (finance), the value of an ownership interest in property, including shareholders' equity in a business. Equity or shareholders´ equity is part of the total capital of a business.
- Stock, the generic term for common equity securities is 'stocks'
- Home equity, the difference between the market value and unpaid mortgage balance on a home
- Private equity, stock in a privately held company
- Equity in income of affiliates,an accounting term referring to the consolidated or unconsolidated ownership in affiliate companies
Companies and organizations
The word equity is also used in the names of the following companies and organizations: