|Born||Elizabeth Egan Gillies|
July 26, 1993
Haworth, New Jersey, U.S.
|Other names|| Liz Gillies|
|Occupation|| Actress, singer, dancer|
|Years active|| 2007–present|
Elizabeth Egan "Liz" Gillies (born July 26, 1993) is an American actress, singer and dancer. She made her Broadway debut at age 15 in the musical 13 as the character Lucy, of which her Victorious co-star, Ariana Grande, was also a part. She is best known for playing the role of Jade West on Victorious and also voices the character Daphne on the animated series Winx Club.
Gillies started her acting career at age twelve when she went to a local open casting call and began appearing in commercials for companies such as Virgin Mobile. She also received roles in The Black Donnellys and Locker 514. She starred in The Clique as Shelby Wexler. She was cast in Harold, as a supporting character. In summer 2008, she was cast as Lucy in a Goodspeed production of Jason Robert Brown's new musical about growing up, 13. Later that year, 13 moved to Broadway, which made it the first Broadway production to have an all teen cast. She received the two big numbers "Opportunity" and "It Can't Be True" along with smaller parts in other songs, such as the title song, "Hey Kendra" and "Getting Ready". 13 was a huge success until its closing on January 4, 2009.
Gillies currently stars in the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious as Jade West, the antagonist and frenemy to Tori Vega (played by Victoria Justice). Gillies also currently voices Daphne on the animated series Winx Club and recorded Winx Club's official song, "We Are Believix." She has guest starred in White Collar and Big Time Rush and been a contestant on the Nickelodeon game shows BrainSurge and Figure It Out.
On August 10, 2012, it was announced that Victorious will be ending after three seasons. Gillies wrote about the news on her twitter, saying, "All good things must come to an end, and Victorious is no exception. Don’t be afraid that we’re all going to drop off the face of the earth, because we’re not. It might be the end of an era, but it’s the start of many new chapters for all of us."
Gillies has appeared in several songs on the soundtracks Victorious (soundtrack) and Victorious 2.0, including Give It Up (Victorious song) (A duet with Ariana Grande), and Take a Hint (A duet with Victoria Justice that became the most popular song on the Victorious 2.0 Soundtrack.) She also has a YouTube account called LizGilliesOfficial, where she uploads covers of popular songs including: Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones, You and I by Lady Gaga, For No One by The Beatles, Jealous Guy by John Lennon, Father and Son by Cat Stevens and One and Only by Adele. She has covered songs with Max Schneider (Somewhere Only We Know) and Ariana Grande (The Christmas Song).
Currently, Gillies is working on an album with alternative rock music.
| Year || Title || Role || Notes |
| 2008 ||Harold|| Evelyn Taylor || Supporting role |
| 2008 ||The Clique|| Shelby Wexler || Minor Role |
| Year || Show || Role || Notes |
|2008-2009||13||Lucy Dunn|| Original Broadway cast |
| Year || Main Artist || Song || Notes |
| 2010 ||Victoria Justice||Freak the Freak Out|| Cameo |
| 2011 || Victoria Justice ||Beggin' on Your Knees|| Cameo |
| Victoria Justice ||All I Want Is Everything|| Cameo |
| Mickey Deleasa ||Time In The Day|| Cameo |
| 2012 || Victoria Justice ||Make It In America|| Cameo |
| Elizabeth Gillies ||We Are Believix|| Lead Singer |
- ^ a b Brantley, Ben (October 6, 2008). "Stranger in Strange Land: The Acne Years". The New York Times. http://theater.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/theater/reviews/06bran.html. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- ^ "Elizabeth Gillies's Biography". HairBoutique.com. http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=41992. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- ^ Gillies, Elizabeth (July 25, 2011). "Twitter: Elizabeth Gillies (verified account)". http://twitter.com/#!/LizGillies/status/95638167398526976. Retrieved August 29, 2011. "Enjoying the last few hours of my childhood! Tomorrow I am a legal adult!"
- ^ Rohan, Virginia (June 7, 2011). "TV Mean Girl: Haworth's Elizabeth Gillies talks iParty with Victorious". (201) magazine. http://www.bergen.com/TV_Mean_Girl_Haworths_Elizabeth_Gillies_talks_iParty_with_Victorious.html. Retrieved July 28, 2011.. "Elizabeth Gillies is not a diva. She just plays one on TV. The Haworth teen is nothing but charming as she chats on the phone about Jade, the gifted character with attitude she plays on Nickelodeon’s Victorious.... Although Victorious shoots in Hollywood, whenever possible, she is back home in Haworth. 'We refuse to move. I’m an East Coast person,' says Gillies, who does her studies online. 'Right now, I’m taking some time, I’m finishing up school, chilling with my family.'"
- ^ "Andrew Vinokurov as Carlos". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ozBzXhwIk. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- ^ Rohan, Virginia. "TV Mean Girl: Haworth's Elizabeth Gillies talks "iParty with Victorious"". Bergen.com. http://www.bergen.com/TV_Mean_Girl_Haworths_Elizabeth_Gillies_talks_iParty_with_Victorious.html. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- ^ "Little Elizabeth Gillies in The Black Donnellys". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GG-f1kzh6M. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- ^ "Elizabeth gillies In "Harold"". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTC-hG_q2CE. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- ^ "M Exclusive: Victorious will NOT be returning for season four!". http://www.mmm-mag.com/2012/08/m-exclusive-victorious-will-not-be-returning-for-season-four.html. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- ^ "Liz Gillies Reacts To Victorious Cancellation". http://www.bsckids.com/2012/08/liz-gillies-reacts-to-victorious-cancellation/. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- ^ "LizGillies Official YouTube". http://www.youtube.com/user/LizGilliesOfficial.
- ^ "Twitter / LizGillies: @LizGOnline". https://twitter.com/LizGillies/status/177227387476520961. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- ^ "Liz Gillies Interview". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hannah-orenstein/elizabeth-gillies-victori_b_1711949.html.
- ^ Global Hit Animated Series 'Winx Club' Comes To Nickelodeon, Starting June 27
- ^ "Winx Club - Kids Music - Online Songs". http://www.nick.com/music/album/winx-club-we-are-believix-album.html. Retrieved July 27, 2012.