From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Eli, Eli may refer to:
- "Eli, Eli" (my God, my God Eli), words spoken by King David in Book of Psalms 22:2-3- : "...My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me, and art far from my help at the words of my cry? O my God, I call by day, but Thou answerest not; and at night, and there is no surcease for me..."
- "Eli, Eli," a Jewish song—"Eli, Eli, shelo yigamer le'olam..."
- Eli, Eli, a common name for Hannah Szenes's poem Halikha LeKesariya.
- "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani", a phrase spoken by Jesus on the cross, according to Matthew and Mark, taken from David's words in Psalm 22, followed by Jesus last words: ("It is finished." John 19:30, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Luke 23:46)
- Eli, Eli (film), a Yiddish-language movie about an old Jewish immigrant couple neglected by their Americanised children.