Elgin ( /ˈɛldʒɨn/) is a ghost town located between Caliente and Carp, Nevada. Originally a railroad town, it is now the home of a one-room schoolhouse, which has been in use from 1922 to 1967. The schoolhouse is now a museum with an apple orchard nearby and was declared a State Historic Site in 2005.
As of May 2008, the State Historic Site is permanently closed due to the damage to the only road leading to the site (SR 317), caused by flooding in 2005.
Elgin is located on the eastern banks of the Meadow Valley Wash off of Nevada State Route 317.