Edna is a city in Labette County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 442.
Edna is located at 37°3′34″N 95°21′31″W / 37.05944°N 95.35861°W (37.059524, -95.358583). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 423 people, 191 households, and 123 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,065.6 people per square mile (408.3/km²). There were 214 housing units at an average density of 539.1 per square mile (206.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 90.07% White, 0.24% African American, 5.20% Native American, 0.24% Asian, 0.47% from other races, and 3.78% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.95% of the population.
There were 191 households out of which 28.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.6% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.6% were non-families. 34.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 25.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.21 and the average family size was 2.79.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.9% under the age of 18, 4.0% from 18 to 24, 23.4% from 25 to 44, 21.7% from 45 to 64, and 22.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 79.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 77.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $27,250, and the median income for a family was $34,205. Males had a median income of $28,438 versus $21,563 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,694. About 1.7% of families and 6.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.2% of those under age 18 and 18.1% of those age 65 or over.
- ^ a b "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST13&prodType=table. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Labette County
- History of Labette County, Kansas, and Representative Citizens; Nelson Case; Biographical Publishing Company; 846 pages; 1901. (Download 50MB PDF eBook)
- History of the State of Kansas; William G. Cutler; A.T. Andreas Publisher; 1883. (Online HTML eBook)
- Kansas : A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc; 3 Volumes; Frank W. Blackmar; Standard Publishing Co; 944 / 955 / 824 pages; 1912. (Volume1 - Download 54MB PDF eBook),(Volume2 - Download 53MB PDF eBook), (Volume3 - Download 33MB PDF eBook)