The Dyckman Farmhouse is the oldest remaining farmhouse on Manhattan island, a reminder of New York City's rural past. The Dutch Colonial-style farmhouse was built by Dutch farmer William Dyckman, circa 1784, and was originally part of over 250 acres (100 ha) of farmland owned by the family. It is now located in a small park at the corner of Broadway and 204th Street in the Inwood section of the city.
The farmhouse was transferred from the Dyckman family to the city of New York, which opened it as a museum, in 1916. It has been a National Historic Landmark since 1967.