Dump generally refers to a place for disposal of domestic waste. See articles at midden and landfill.
The word has other uses alone or in combination and may refer to:
- Dump (program), a Unix program for backing up file systems
- Dump (band), an alias for the solo recordings of James McNew
- The Dump, a blog by Maurice Benayoun
- Ammunition dump, military stores of ammunition
- Database dump, a record of the table structure and/or the data from a database
- ROM dump or ROM image, a record of the data in a ROM, EEPROM, or MCU
- Core dump, the recorded state of the working memory of a computer program at a specific time, generally when the program has terminated abnormally (crashed)
- Deoxyuridine monophosphate, or dUMP
- Holey dollar (early coin of New South Wales known as a dump)
- Ocean dumping
- Relationship breakup
- Tape delay (broadcasting)
- The nickname for Margaret Mitchell's house.