Daniel J. Harrington, S.J. is a professor and the Chair of the Biblical Studies Department at Boston College School of Theology and Ministry (formerly Weston Jesuit School of Theology). A member of the Society of Jesus, Fr. Harrington has served as editor of New Testament Abstracts since 1972. He also edited the eighteen-volume Sacra Pagina series of New Testament Commentaries for Liturgical Press and wrote “The Word “ column for America magazine for three years. He is a pastoral associate at St.Agnes in Arlington, MA, and at St. Peter’s in Cambridge,MA.
Harrington has written over 40 books, including
- Interpreting the Old Testament (Scarecrow, 2010)
- Jesus the Revelation of the Father’s Love (Our Sunday Visitor, 2010)
- Meeting St. Matthew Today (Loyola Press, 2010)
- Paul and Virtue Ethics (with Keenan, S.J.; Rowman & Littlefield)
- Meeting St. Luke Today (Loyola Press, 2009)
- The Synoptic Gospels Set Free: Preaching without Anti-Judaism (New York: Paulist Press, 2009).
- Jesus and Prayer: What the New Testament teaches us (Ijamsville, Maryland: Word-Among-Us Press, 2009)
- Why Do We Suffer? A Scriptural Approach to the Human Condition (Franklin, WI: Sheed & Ward, 2000).
- The Church According to the New Testament (Franklin, WI: Sheed & Ward, 2001).
- The Gospel of Mark (with John Donahue) (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2002).
- Jesus and Virtue Ethics (with James Keenan) (Chicago: Sheed & Ward, 2002).
- 1 Peter, Jude, and 2 Peter (with Donald Senior) (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2003).
- What Are They Saying About Mark? (New York: Paulist, 2004).
- What Are They Saying About the Letter to the Hebrews (New York: Paulist, 2005).
- Jesus Ben Sira of Jerusalem: A Biblical Guide to Living Wisely (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2005).
- How Do Catholics Read the Bible? (Lanham, MD: Sheed & Ward/Rowman & Littlefield, 2005).
- The Letter to the Hebrews (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2006).
- What Are We Hoping For? New Testament Images (Liturgical Press, 2006).
- Jesus: A Historical Portrait (Cincinnati: St. Anthony Messenger, 2007).
- Why Do We Hope? Images in the Psalms (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2008).
- Meeting St. Paul Today (Chicago: Loyola Press, 2008).