Clover is a census-designated place (CDP) in Halifax County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 Census was 438. Clover was an incorporated town from 1895 until 1998, when it reverted to unincorporated status.
Black Walnut was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
- J. Steven Griles (b. 1947), former United States Deputy Secretary of the Interior in the George W. Bush administration (2001–04), coal lobbyist, implicated in the Jack Abramoff scandal
- Henrietta Lacks (1920–1951), source of the HeLa cell line, subject of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (2010)
- Willie Lanier (b. 1945), Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker for Kansas City Chiefs
- Luther Hilton Foster, President of Virginia Normal and Industrial School, now Virginia State University, 1942–1949, graduate and employee of Saint Paul's College then Saint Paul's Polytechnic, and next employee at Virginia Normal and Industrial School; son and namesake President of Tuskegee Institute, now Tuskegee University
- Grant S. Williams Sr, Tuskegee Airman
Coordinates: 36°49′58″N 78°44′00″W / 36.83278°N 78.73333°W