From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Charity may refer to:
- Charity (practice), the practice of being benevolent, giving and sharing
- Charity (virtue), the Christian theological concept of unlimited love and kindness
- Dāna, the virtue of giving, generosity and benevolence in Indian traditions
- Principle of charity in philosophy and rhetoric
- Tzedakah, a Hebrew concept commonly used to signify charity
- Zakah, the Islamic concept of mandatory alms-giving, often translated as "charity"
- Sadaqah, the Islamic concept of voluntary alms-giving, often translated as "charity"
- Charitable organization, a type of non-profit organization formed for charitable purposes
- 501(c)(3), a specific section of the United States Internal Revenue Code that allows qualifying charitable organizations exemption from federal income tax
- Charity (play), an 1874 play by W. S. Gilbert
- "Charity" (song), a 1995 single by Skunk Anansie
- Charity (horse) (1830–?), famed racehorse
- Charity Shea (born 1983), actress in the TV series The Best Years
- Charity Bazaar, in the List of Histeria! characters,
- Charity, an alternate title for "Episode Five of The Office series 2"
- Charity (novel), third in the Faith, Hope, Charity espionage trilogy of novels by Len Deighton