Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus was a hospital in Inglewood, California, USA. The hospital was operated by Centinela Freeman HealthSystem, and was one of the three campuses of the Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center. The hospital was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1954 as Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital, named after Daniel Freeman, founder of the city of Inglewood. Carondelet later purchased a hospital in Marina del Rey and named it Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital. The two Daniel Freeman hospitals were acquired in 2001 by Tenet Healthcare. The name was changed in 2004, when the hospital was transferred to the Centinela Freeman HealthSystem. Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital is now closed. Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital continues operations as Marina Del Rey Hospital, Marina Del Rey, CA. The third campus is now operating as Centinela Hospital Medical Center, Inglewood, CA.
- ^ "About Us", Memorial Campus website
- ^ "Our Hospitals", Centinela Freeman website
- ^ "Tenet files application with state to acquire Daniel Freeman Hospitals", The Argonaut, August 30, 2001
- ^ "Tenet Completes Acquisition of Daniel Freeman Hospitals", Business Wire, December 17, 2001
- ^ "Tenet Signs Agreement to Transfer Three West Los Angeles Hospitals to Centinela Freeman HealthSystem", August 31, 2004
Coordinates: 33°58′3″N 118°20′41″W / 33.9675°N 118.34472°W