Cedar Creek Wind Farm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article

Cedar Creek Wind Farm I & II
Cedar Creek Wind Farm is located in Colorado
Location of Cedar Creek Wind Farm I & II
Location13km E of Grover, Colorado, United States
Coordinates40°52′16″N 104°5′35″W / 40.87111°N 104.09306°W / 40.87111; -104.09306Coordinates: 40°52′16″N 104°5′35″W / 40.87111°N 104.09306°W / 40.87111; -104.09306
StatusOperational
Construction began2007
Commission date21 November 2007
Construction costUS$480 million
Owner(s)Cedar Creek Wind Energy, LLC (Infigen Energy (67%) & BP Energy (33%))
Operator(s)Infigen Energy
Developer(s)Infigen Energy & BP Energy
Turbine information
Turbines397 - Total
274 - Cedar Creek I
123 - Cedar Creek II
Manufacturer(s)Mitsubishi, GE, Nordex
Model(s)221x 1MW Mitsubishi MWT-1000
53x 1.5MW GE 1.5s/sle
63x 1.6MW GE
60x 2.5MW Nordex
Wind farm information
TypeOnshore
Avg. site elevation1674m
Power generation information
Installed capacity551.3MW - Total
300.5MW - Cedar Creek I
150.8MW - Cedar Creek II
As of 2011
 
Jump to: navigation, search
Cedar Creek Wind Farm I & II
Cedar Creek Wind Farm is located in Colorado
Location of Cedar Creek Wind Farm I & II
Location13km E of Grover, Colorado, United States
Coordinates40°52′16″N 104°5′35″W / 40.87111°N 104.09306°W / 40.87111; -104.09306Coordinates: 40°52′16″N 104°5′35″W / 40.87111°N 104.09306°W / 40.87111; -104.09306
StatusOperational
Construction began2007
Commission date21 November 2007
Construction costUS$480 million
Owner(s)Cedar Creek Wind Energy, LLC (Infigen Energy (67%) & BP Energy (33%))
Operator(s)Infigen Energy
Developer(s)Infigen Energy & BP Energy
Turbine information
Turbines397 - Total
274 - Cedar Creek I
123 - Cedar Creek II
Manufacturer(s)Mitsubishi, GE, Nordex
Model(s)221x 1MW Mitsubishi MWT-1000
53x 1.5MW GE 1.5s/sle
63x 1.6MW GE
60x 2.5MW Nordex
Wind farm information
TypeOnshore
Avg. site elevation1674m
Power generation information
Installed capacity551.3MW - Total
300.5MW - Cedar Creek I
150.8MW - Cedar Creek II
As of 2011

The Cedar Creek Wind Farm is a 551.3MW, 397 wind turbine facility, consists of 2 phases, Cedar Creek I and Cedar Creek II, located 13km (8 miles) east of Grover in north-central Weld County, Colorado, which became fully operational with the completion of Cedar Creek II in 2010. The initial 300.5 megawatt (MW) Cedar Creek I wind power installation was completed on time, within budget and without incident - with the operation commencing on 21 November 2007. Cedar Creek I is an important contributor to Colorado's New Energy Economy, providing enough wind-powered electricity for 81,135 homes.[1] The power produced from the Cedar Creek wind farm is sold to the Public Service Company of Colorado. Cedar Creek II has an additional 150.8MW of generating capacity, and was commissioned in 2010.

The first phase has 221 1MW wind turbines (produced by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) and 53 1.5MW turbines (produced by General Electric),[2] and the second phase has an additional 53 1.6MW turbines from General Electric, and 60 2.5MW from German wind turbine supplier Nordex.

The Cedar Creek Wind Farm is owned by Cedar Creek Wind Energy LLC which is a conglomerate group with Infigen Energy owning 67% and BP Wind Energy the other 33%. It is operated solely by Infigen Energy.

See also

References