CMKC Group, full name: Congo Malasia Korea Consortium Group, is a development conglomerate focused and specializing in international infra-structure construction and natural resource development. The Group, established in May 2007, is consisting of 'CMKC Korea', 'CMKC Malaysia', 'CMKC Congo', 'EMKC', and 'MKRCi' and is represented by the consortium members.
Main company projects
In 2007, the company was set to make developments of timber, oil palm, natural resources, and petroleum/gas including a three-billion dollar project for the construction of 1500 km of rail lines and the restructure of 512 km of existing rail lines in the Republic of the Congo.
The CMKC Group runs the 'Congo Railway Project' under a Build-Own/Operate-Transfer (B.O.T.) scheme and the group has already acquired the management rights for the upcoming 30 years.
The project includes construction of lines (1,500 km in total) connecting Brazzaville (the administrative capital) to Pointe Noire (business hub) via Ouesso and Djambala as well as rehabilitation of existing line (512 km) connecting Brazzaville to Pointe Noire that CFCO has been responsible for operating.
- Brazzaville-Ouesso - Constructing 1,000 km new line.
- Djambala-Pointe Noire - Constructing 500 km new line.
- Brazzaville-Pointe Noire - Rehabilitating 512 km existing line.
- Forest Management - The CMKC Group is working a 'Sustainable Forest Management Project' which entitles it to lumber 12500 km² forest over a 50 year period in Congo. The products manufactured and processed in the project are intended to be sold in both domestic and international markets.
- Oil Palm - The CMKC Group runs an 'Oil Palm Plantation Project' in Congo, a land development project for extracting resources through construction of farms and mills. The plan intends on turning barren lands in Northern Congo into territory for cultivating edible vegetable oil, which can also serve as a replacement fuel for gasoline, diesel, and LPG.
- Rubber Tree Forestation - The CMKC Group, runs a 'Rubber Tree Forestation Project' intended on developing the Southern and Central parts of land provided by the Congo government.
- Petroleum - The CMKC Group has acquired the petroleum and gas authorizations in Congo for three offshore petroleum lots located on the inland coast of Kouilou and Mboto, as well as a petroleum lot on the inland of Cuvette. Negotiation rights have also been endorsed for Mengo-Kundji and Bindi Petroleum blocks. The license to explore, exploit, produce, and sell all the petroleum and gas in Congo was given to CMKC for the next 30 years.
- Natural resources - The CMKC Group has acquired the use of Congo’s natural resources, priority mining authorizations and license to explore, exploit, produce, and sell all the minerals for 30 years.
- Cement Plant - The CMKC Group runs a 'Cement Plant Project', a B.O.O. (build-own-operate) scheme separate from the Congo Project, for construction of a cement plant with cement mining rights given to the company in Niari, Kibangou and/or Monto Bello in the Department of Bouenza and 1 km² land lots as factory site for 50 years, including clay mines. The project hopes to bring mass production to the local manufacturers and production capacity is projected to range about 500,000 tons a year.
- Rural Agriculture - The CMKC Group runs a 'Rural Agricultural Project', another independent project separate from the Congo project, in which 1,000 km² of agricultural land is provided by Congo to the CMKC Group which will adopt agricultural programs in collaboration with Korea 'Rural Community and Agriculture corporation' and related organizations. The project targets cultivation of Manoic (rice beans) and other vegetation in consultation with the Korea corporation and other investors for 30 years.
Bibliography and external links