From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Butternut may refer to:
- Butternut tree, Juglans cinerea, or its fruit
- Butternut squash, an edible winter squash.
- Butternut, a shade of yellow similar to khaki and the color of the butternut squash
- Butternuts, Confederate soldiers who wore butternut-colored uniforms
- Butternuts, American Northerners or Midwesterners who believed in the States Rights of the Old American republic; see "Copperheads (politics)"
- Butternut Bread, a regional brand that used to be marketed by the defunct Hostess Brands
- Butternut Candy, a defunct brand of chocolate candy bars with caramel and peanuts, made by Hollywood Candy Company
- Butternut Coffee, a brand originally produced by the Paxton and Gallagher Wholesale Grocery, and later Swanson
- Butternut doughnut, a flavor of doughnut
- USS Butternut (YAG-60), a ship of the United States Navy
- Butternut, Wisconsin, USA
- Butternuts, New York, USA
- Butternut Valley Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota, USA
- Ski Butternut, a ski resort in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, USA
- Tennessee, the "Butternut State"