Buhler is a city in Reno County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,327.
Buhler is located at 38°8′17″N 97°46′22″W / 38.13806°N 97.77278°W (38.138147, -97.772891). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,358 people, 478 households, and 371 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,312.5 people per square mile (888.7/km²). There were 521 housing units at an average density of 887.2 per square mile (340.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.45% White, 0.15% African American, 0.29% Native American, 0.07% Asian, 0.37% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.18% of the population.
There were 478 households out of which 38.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.3% were married couples living together, 5.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.2% were non-families. 20.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 25.6% from 25 to 44, 18.8% from 45 to 64, and 20.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 86.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $44,107, and the median income for a family was $50,598. Males had a median income of $31,976 versus $20,592 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,278. About 1.1% of families and 1.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.8% of those under age 18 and 2.3% of those age 65 or over.
Primary and secondary education
Buhler is part of Unified School District 313. The school district administrative office is located in Buhler. The district has six schools and two are located in Buhler:
- ^ a b "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST13&prodType=table. Retrieved March 27, 2011.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ USD 313
- ^ Kansas School District Boundary Map