Body of Proof is an American medical drama television series created by Chris Murphey and produced by ABC Studios. Starring Dana Delany as medical examiner Dr. Megan Hunt, the series premiered on March 29, 2011, on ABC. The show's second season ran from September 20, 2011, to April 20, 2012. On May 11, 2012, ABC announced that Body of Proof was renewed for a third season.
Overview and production
The series stars Dana Delany as Dr. Megan Hunt, a medical examiner. The show focuses on Hunt's efforts to balance the demands of her professional life, dealing with solving cases and analyzing bodies, with her personal life, trying to reconnect with her estranged daughter. Hunt was a top-flight neurosurgeon, until she had a life-changing automobile accident and then accidentally killed a patient on the operating table. This resulted in her resignation, and retirement from the profession altogether. Though set in Philadelphia, the first season of Body of Proof was filmed in Providence, Rhode Island and some other locations including Woonsocket and Warwick, Rhode Island. The series was originally titled Body of Evidence but was later renamed Body of Proof. It was announced that the second season of the show would be filmed in Los Angeles to take advantage of a $7 million tax credit. Body of Proof is the third ABC television series starring Dana Delany in a main character role, the first being the role of Colleen McMurphy in China Beach and the second being Katherine Mayfair in Desperate Housewives.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||9||March 29, 2011||May 17, 2011||September 20, 2011||November 5, 2012||August 15, 2012|
|2||20||September 20, 2011||April 10, 2012||September 18, 2012||November 29, 2012||December 5, 2012|
The show was set to premiere on Friday nights on ABC on October 22, 2010. However, following the quick cancellations of Thursday night drama My Generation and Wednesday night drama The Whole Truth, the network held back the series. The series premiered Tuesday, March 29, 2011, at 10:00 pm Eastern/9:00 pm Central, replacing Detroit 1-8-7. The last of its nine first season episodes aired May 17, 2011, four days after ABC renewed the series for a second season. The show's second season ran from September 20, 2011 to April 20, 2012. On May 11, 2012, ABC officially renewed Body of Proof for a third season of 13 episodes.
In Canada, Body of Proof is on Citytv, simulcast with the ABC broadcast. The series premiered in Italy on January 25, 2011, on the pay TV channel Fox Life. After the Italian world premiere, Body of Proof was scheduled to debut in other European countries before the American start. In Russia, the series premiered on February 7, 2011, on Channel One. In the UK, the series premiered on July 19, 2011, on Alibi, channel head Steve Hornsey said of picking up the series, "As TV's ultimate compendium of crime drama, Alibi aims to select the very best series in the genre from around the globe. Body Of Proof is exactly that. A stand-out show that promises to be a huge hit in the US, Body Of Proof means more premium and exclusive content for the channel – and more thrilling and engaging viewing for our audience." The series premiered on January 10, 2012 on Channel 5 and Channel 5+1 (Freeview / FTA).
In Bulgaria the show premiered on March 17, 2011 on Fox Crime. In Latin America the show was broadcast in 2011 by Sony Entertainment Television. In India, the series premiered on April 8, 2011, on Zee Café. In Australia, the series premiered on August 8, 2011, on Channel Seven at 8:30 pm. In Germany, it premiered August 24, 2011, on ProSieben. On January 20, 2012, Season 2 premiered on sister station kabel eins. In Germany, the original episode 5 of season 2 aired as episode 10 of season 1 on ProSieben. In Poland, the series premiered on February 23, 2011, on Fox Life HD. In South Africa it premiered on December 8, 2011 on MNet. In Slovenia, the series will premiere on December 13, 2011, on POP TV at 10:35 pm. In Norway the series premiered on January 1, 2012 with double episodes on TV Norge at 9:30 pm. In Finland the series premiered on December 21, 2011, on Nelonen at 9:00 pm, replacing Grey's Anatomy. In Latvia the series premiered on February 21, 2012, on Fox life at 9:00 pm. In Hong Kong the series premiered on February 22, 2012, on TVB Pearl at 8:30 pm. In Ireland, the show premiered Saturday March 10, 2012 on RTÉ1 at 11.15 pm. In Japan, the show will premier on June 6, 2012 on WOWOW in Dub. version. And, Season 2 will be start in August 2012 on the same channel.
|DVD Name||Region 1 release date||Region 2 release date||Region 4 release date||Ep #||Discs||Additional information|
|Season 1||September 20, 2011||November 5, 2012||August 15, 2012||R1: 9, R2+4:13||R1: 2, R2+4: 3||Looks That Could Kill featurette, The Proof is in the Writing featurette and "Contaminated Evidence" Blooper Reel|
|Season 2||September 18, 2012||TBA||TBA||20||4||Bloopers, Deleted Scenes, The Design of Body of Proof featurette, Living Spaces featurette, The Fashion of Body of Proof featurette and A Look at Stunt Work featurette|
- The Region 2 + 4 dvds of season 1 contain the episodes in production order, rather than the order they were aired in. This has resulted in them including 4 episodes which were filmed in season 1 but aired as part of season 2.
The show was met with mixed reviews: Metacritic summarizes the opinions of 21 critics in giving the show's first season a score of 56 out of 100. Entertainment Weekly included the show in the 10 TV events to look forward to in 2011. Critic David Hinckley from the New York Daily News gave the show a positive review, noting it "would be interesting enough if it were just Quincy with better legs. Add the other elements and you have something worth checking out at 10 o'clock". Other reviews have been more negative, commenting on the clichéd plot and character development. Las Vegas Weekly critic Josh Bell commented that "The problem is that Megan’s personal issues are as clichéd and clumsily presented as her boilerplate murder cases, and the show makes strained connections between the two that don’t really hold together." The Detroit News called it "Saggy, predictable and preachy, the series debut was delayed for months and still doesn't have what it takes to impress viewers. What a poor replacement for Detroit 1-8-7 (Ironically, Detroit 1–8–7 was cancelled and Body of Proof was renewed)." The Los Angeles Times said "Murphey and the writers will have to do a lot of heavy lifting for Body of Proof to transcend its immediate predictability. There's only so much Delany can do with a cardboard show. God may be in the details, but the walls still have to hold."
The series premiere (Tuesday, March 29, 2011) drew 14 million viewers. It finished in the top 10 in Nielsen ratings for the week, and was the second-most watched premiere of the 2010–2011 season, following the CBS series Hawaii Five-0. ABC ran the second episode on Sunday April 3, 2011; it dropped to 8.5 million viewers. The third episode aired two days later and drew 11 million viewers; the show again won its time slot. The first season averaged 13.68 million viewers making it the second most-watched scripted drama on ABC.
|Season||Timeslot (ET/PT)||# Ep.||Premiered||Ended||TV Season||Rank||Viewers|
|1||Tuesday 10:00 pm||9||March 29, 2011||13.94||May 17, 2011||10.33||2010–2011||#13||13.68|
|2||20||September 20, 2011||9.65||April 10, 2012||10.05||2011–2012||#44||9.89|
|3||13||January 2013||TBA||Spring 2013||TBA||2012–2013||TBA||TBA|
- ^ a b Seidman, Robert (May 17, 2011). "ABC 2011–12 Primetime Schedule Announced". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/17/abc-2011-12-primetime-schedule-announced/92903/. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (May 11, 2012). "Updated: Private Practice, 'Body of Proof' Renewed; 'Last Man Standing,' 'Scandal' & 'Apt 23' Renewed Too; 'GCB' Canceled". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/11/private-practice-body-of-proof-renewed-by-abc-scandal-gcb-canceled/133753. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- ^ Abrams, Natalie (May 11, 2010). "14 Promising Pilots: What New Fall Shows Look the Best?". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/news/fall-promising-pilots-1018301.aspx. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- ^ "Evidence is in on Body of Proof". Providence Journal. March 31, 2011. http://www.projo.com/news/content/BODY_PROOF_LOCATION_03-31-11_G3N92JM_v12.193f546.html. Retrieved October 5, 2011.
- ^ Verrier, Richard (May 23, 2011). "On Location: ABC's 'Body of Proof' TV drama moving to L.A. from Rhode Island". Los Angeles Times. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/05/on-location-abcs-body-of-proof-tv-drama-moving-to-la-from-rhode-island-.html. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (July 28, 2012). "Mark Valley To Join 'Body Of Proof' As New Regular". Deadline Hollywood. http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/mark-valley-to-join-body-of-proof-as-new-regular. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- ^ a b MacKenzie, Carina (June 9, 2012). "'Body of Proof' Season 3: New characters join the detective team". Zap2It. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/06/body-of-proof-season-3-new-characters-join-the-detective-team.html. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- ^ Richenthal, Matt (August 2, 2012). "Elyes Gabel Joins Shaken Up Body of Proof Cast". TV Fanatic. http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/08/elyes-gabel-joins-shaken-up-body-of-proof-cast. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- ^ Roots, Kimberly (June 6, 2012). "Exclusive: John Carroll Lynch Exits Body of Proof, Joins NBC's Do No Harm as a Regular". TV Line. http://www.tvline.com/2012/06/06/exclusive-john-carroll-lynch-exits-body-of-proof-joins-nbcs-do-no-harm-as-a-series-regular. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- ^ Ausiello, Michael (June 7, 2012). "Body of Proof Mass Exodus Continues: Sonja Sohn and Nicholas Bishop Out". TV Line. http://tvline.com/2012/06/07/body-of-proof-fires-sonja-sohn-nicholas-bishop. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- ^ Goldberg, Lesley (June 7, 2012). "Two Stars Departing ABC's 'Body of Proof'". Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/body-of-proof-season-3-abc-john-carroll-lynch-nicholas-bishop-334431. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- ^ Exclusive: Body of Proof Makes Fast and Furious Season 2 Hire from tvline.com
- ^ Ausiello, Michael (October 17, 2011). "Body of Proof Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber to Romance Dana Delany". TV Line. http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/body-of-proof-jamie-bamber. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- ^ Ross, Robyn (August 29, 2012). "24 Alum Heading to Body of Proof". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Body-of-Proof-1052467.aspx. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- ^ a b Roots, Kimberly (October 6, 2012). "Exclusive: Body of Proof Recruits Desperate Housewives' Richard Burgi". TV Line. http://www.tvline.com/2012/10/06/richard-burgi-body-of-proof. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- ^ Goldberg, Lesley (November 12, 2012). "'Body of Proof' Puts Lorraine Toussaint on the Case (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/body-proof-lorraine-toussaint-389513. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- ^ "Coming up". Tony von Halle. http://tonyvonhalle.com/Tony_von_Halle/HOME.html. Retrieved October 23, 2012. "Just booked 2 episodes as a Co-Star role on BODY OF PROOF. Will play Mark McDaniels, a combat war veteran."
- ^ "SUCCESS STORIES". The Actor's Key West. http://www.actorskeywest.com/SuccessStories. Retrieved October 23, 2012. "Jenny Lin BOOKED a co-star on 'Body of Proof'!"
- ^ a b c Abrams, Natalie (September 11, 2012). "Ray Wise, Michael Nouri, Derek Webster Head to Body of Proof". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Body-Proof-Wise-Nouri-Webster-1052902.aspx. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- ^ Ausiello, Michael (September 20, 2012). "Exclusive: White Collar's Tim DeKay Books Head-Turning Body of Proof Gig". TV Line. http://www.tvline.com/2012/09/20/tim-dekay-body-of-proof-season-3. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- ^ Stanhope, Kate (October 18, 2012). "Lost Alum Henry Ian Cusick to Play Mind Games on Body of Proof". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Body-Proof-Henry-Ian-Cusick-1054832.aspx. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- ^ Rice, Lynette (October 18, 2012). "'Lost' fan favorite joins 'Body of Proof' – EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/18/lost-fan-favorite-joins-body-of-proof-exclusive. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- ^ "Body of Proof – The Complete 1st Season". TvshowsonDVD. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases/Body-Proof-Complete-1st-Season/11201. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- ^ "Body of Proof-Season 1". Amazon.co.uk. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Proof-Season-1-DVD/dp/B004X6A5GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352580676&sr=8-1. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- ^ "Body of Proof – The Complete 1st Season". Ezy DVD. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/body-of-proof-the-complete-1st-season/dp/6116008. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- ^ Lambert, David (May 4, 2012). "Body of Proof – 'The Complete 2nd Season' DVDs Get a Date, Extras, Finalized Packaging". TV Shows on DVD. http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Body-Proof-Season-2/16903. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- ^ http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0088UPIEM/
- ^ "Body Of Proof: The Complete 2nd Season". Ezy DVD. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/body-of-proof-the-complete-2nd-season/dp/6119697. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- ^ Updated: Private Practice, ‘Body of Proof’ Renewed; ‘Last Man Standing,’ ‘Scandal’ & ‘Apt 23′ Renewed Too; ‘GCB’ Canceled – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
- ^ ABC Drama Filmed in R.I. Set to Premiere, Brown Daily Herald, September 16, 2010
- ^ Is Dana Delany ABC's Best Hope This Fall?, Deadline Hollywood, October 8, 2010
- ^ ABC's "Body of Proof" Gets Tuesday 10pm Timeslot, Premieres March 29, TV By the Numbers, November 30, 2010
- ^ Body of Proof Renewed by ABC, TV By the Numbers, May 13, 2011
- ^ Daniels, Colin (May 12, 2012). "'Private Practice', 'Scandal' renewed by ABC". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a381291/private-practice-scandal-renewed-by-abc.html. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- ^ "Body Of Proof su FoxLife dal 25 gennaio (in America dal 29 marzo)" (in Italian). December 2, 2010. http://www.tvblog.it/post/22807/body-of-proof-su-foxlife-dal-25-gennaio-in-america-dal-29-marzo.
- ^ "FOX estrena ‘El cuerpo del delito (Body of Proof), la serie de Dana Delaney, antes que en EEUU" (in Spanish). December 27, 2010. http://www.neeo.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6140:fox-estrena-el-cuerpo-del-delito-body-of-proof-la-serie-de-dana-delaney-antes-que-en-eeuu&catid=85:general&Itemid=1223.
- ^ "1tvru – Премьера на Первом. Сериал "Следствие по телу"". LiveJournal. http://1tvru.livejournal.com/63203.html. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Wightman, Catriona (October 15, 2010). "Alibi picks up 'Body Of Proof' in the UK". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a282283/alibi-picks-up-body-of-proof-in-the-uk.html. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- ^ DWDL.de – kabel eins erbt "Body of Proof" von ProSieben
- ^ Canel, Seba. Serien-Load. http://www.serien-load.de/blog/body-of-proof-ex-housewife-dana-delany-hat-einen-deutschland-start-los-gehts-ende-august/. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- ^ "Chance to win Body of Proof goodies". RTÉ News. March 5, 2012. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0305/bodyofproof.html.
- ^ Lambert, David (June 6, 2011). "Body of Proof – 'The Complete 1st Season' Announced! Box Art, Bonus Material, Cost and Date". TVshowsonDVD. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Body-Proof-Season-1/15362. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- ^ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Proof-Season-1-DVD/dp/B004X6A5GG/ref=sr_1_156?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1346686152&sr=1-156
- ^ http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/tv/body-of-proof-season-1/669300
- ^ Body of Proof DVD news: Announcement for Body of Proof – The Complete 2nd Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
- ^ "Body of Proof – Season 1". Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/tv/body-of-proof. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Tucker, Ken (January 1, 2011). "10 TV events to look forward to in 2011". Entertainment Weekly. http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/01/01/2011-tv-fringe-oscars-kennedy-franco-game-of-thrones/. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Hinckley, David (March 29, 2011). "ABC's 'Body of Proof' is network's strongest new show with Dana Delany at helm as Dr. Megan Hunt". Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/03/29/2011-03-29_abcs_body_of_proof_is_networks_strongest_new_show_with_dana_delany_at_helm_as_dr.html. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Bell, Josh (March 23, 2011). "TV review: 'Body of Proof'". Las Vegas Weekly. http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2011/mar/23/tv-review-body-proof/. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Toby, Mekeisha Madden (March 29, 2011). "Dana Delany, 'Body of Proof' prove a poor pairing". The Detroit News. http://detnews.com/article/20110329/OPINION03/103290309/Star--crime-drama-prove-a-poor-pairing#ixzz1I2WJEeXv. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ McNamara, Mary (March 29, 2011). "'Body of Proof': television review". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-body-of-proof-20110329,0,6689332.story. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ "ABC Wins Tuesday as "Body of Proof" Opens Big". http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2011/03/30/abc-wins-tuesday-as-body-of-proof-opens-big-692204/20110330abc01.
- ^ "ABC's 'Body of Proof' Makes Strong First Showing". ABCNews.com. April 5, 2011. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=13302667. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- ^ "TV ratings: CBS tops Tuesday, 'Body of Proof' down but still leads hour". Zap2It. April 6, 2011. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/04/tv-ratings-cbs-tops-tuesday-body-of-proof-down-but-still-leads-hour.html. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- ^ a b Gorman, Bill (June 13, 2011). "'Modern Family' Tops DVR Ratings Gain for the 2010–11 Season; 'Fringe' Has Biggest % Increase By DVR". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/13/modern-family-tops-dvr-ratings-gain-for-the-2010-11-season-fringe-has-biggest-increase-by-dvr/95418. Retrieved June 20, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill (March 30, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Body Of Proof,' 2x 'Dancing With The Stars,' 'NCIS,' 'Biggest Loser' Adjusted Up". TV By the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/30/tuesday-final-ratings-body-of-proof-2x-dancing-with-the-stars-ncis-biggest-loser-adjusted-up/87667. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- ^ Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Breaking In,' 'The Good Wife,' 'Body of Proof' Adjusted Down; 'NCIS,' 'NCIS: LA,' 'Glee,' 'The Biggest Loser' Adjusted Up
- ^ Gorman, Bill (June 1, 2011). "2010–11 Season Broadcast Primetime Show Viewership Averages". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/01/2010-11-season-broadcast-primetime-show-viewership-averages/94407. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (September 21, 2011). "Tuesday Finals: 'New Girl,' 'Glee,' 'NCIS,' DWTS Results Adjusted Up; 'Body of Proof' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/21/tuesday-finals-new-girl-glee-ncis-dwts-results-adjusted-up-body-of-proof-adjusted-down/104472. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- ^ Bibel, Sara (April 11, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'New Girl', 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Last Man Standing' Up; 'Raising Hope', 'Ringer', 'Biggest Loser' Down". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/04/11/tuesday-final-ratings-new-girl-ncis-los-angeles-last-man-standing-up-raising-hope-ringer-biggest-loser-down/128598. Retrieved April 11, 2012.