|Look up auditory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Auditory means of or relating to the process of hearing:
- Auditory system, the neurological structures and pathways of sound perception.
- Sound, the physical signal perceived by the auditory system.
- Hearing (sense), is the auditory sense, the sense by which sound is perceived.
- Ear, the auditory end organ.
- Cochlea, the auditory branch of the inner ear.
- Auditory illusion, sound trick analogous to an optical illusion.
- Primary auditory cortex, the part of the higher-level of the brain that serves hearing.
- External auditory meatus, the ear canal
- Auditory scene analysis, the process by which a scene containing many sounds is perceived
- Auditory phonetics, the science of the sounds of language
- Auditory hallucination,a form of hallucination that involves perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus
- Auditory imagery, hearing in head in the absence of sound