This article is about the Indian given name. For the town in Syria, see Arjoun
. For the tree, see Terminalia arjuna
|Word/Name||South Asia (especially India, Srilanka and Malaysia)|
|Meaning||The word Arjun means "bright" and "shining."|
Arjun (pronounced [ɐrˈɟun]) is a first name of a male, based on Arjuna, a legendary hero who is considered as the greatest archer ever and a central character in the Hindu epic Mahabharata. See Arjuna
It also refers to: Kartavirya Arjuna, a king killed by Parshurama.
Films and television
- Arjun (actor), actor, born as Firoz Khan, who played the role of Arjuna in B.R. Chopra's TV series Mahabharat
- Arjun (singer), (real name Arjun Coomaraswamy), British-Sri Lankan singer-songwriter, and producer known by his mononym Arjun
- Arjun Munda, chief minister of the Indian state of Jharkhand
- Arjun Appadurai, a contemporary social theorist
- Arjun Atwal, professional golfer
- Arjun Bijlani, television actor and model
- Arjun Janya Indian film score and soundtrack composer and singer, mainly scoring music for Kannada films. Previously just mononym Arjun
- Arjun Rampal, fashion model and movie actor
- Arjun Sarja, actor from south India, who works predominantly in Tamil films.
- Arjuna Ranatunga, former Sri Lankan cricketer, now a politician.
- Allu Arjun, Indian actor of Telugu films
- Arjuna, important character in Mahabharat