Archimedes Russell (1840–1915) was an American architect most active in the Syracuse, New York area.
Born in Andover, Massachusetts and trained under local architect Horatio Nelson White, Russell served as a professor of architecture at Syracuse University from 1873 through 1881.
In the course of his career he designed over 850 commercial and civic buildings in the central New York region, including the David H. Burrell Mansion in Little Falls, New York, a Queen Anne/Romanesque Revival stone mansion.
Onondaga County Court House (with Columbus Obelisk in foreground)
Russell's work, much of which has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places, includes:
- First Baptist Church of Camillus, 1879
- Otsego County (New York) Courthouse, 1880
- Crouse College, Syracuse University, 1881
- Third National Bank, aka the Community Chest Building, Syracuse, 1885
- Overlook, Little Falls, New York, 1889
- West Hill School (Canajoharie, New York), 1891–93
- Central Technical High School, Syracuse, 1900
- Onondaga County Court House, Columbus Circle, Syracuse, 1904-1907 (with murals by William de Leftwich Dodge)
- C. W. Snow and Company Warehouse, 1913
- St. Matthew's Church, East Syracuse, 1915
- St. Anthony of Padua Church, Syracuse
- St Lucy Church, Syracuse, 1873
- Dey Brothers Building, 401 S. Salina Street, 1893, a contributing building in the South Salina Street Downtown Historic District