See American (word)
for analysis and history of the meanings in various contexts.
American(s) may refer to:
- Nashville Americans, an 1885-1886 minor league baseball team
- Boston Red Sox, a baseball team known from 1901 to 1907 as the "Boston Americans"
- New York Americans, an ice hockey team from 1925 to 1942
- Hartford Americans, a soccer team from 1927 to 1928
- New York Americans (soccer), a soccer team from 1931 to 1956
- Baltimore Americans, the name of two soccer teams, one from 1939 to 1942 and one from 1942 to 1948
- Pittsburgh Americans, an American football team from 1936 to 1937
- New York Yankees (1940 AFL), an American football team known as the "New York Americans" in 1941
- Uhrik Truckers, a soccer team known from 1941 to 1953 as the "Philadelphia Americans"
- Seattle Totems, an ice hockey team known from 1955 to 1958 as the "Seattle Americans"
- Brooklyn Nets, a basketball team known in the 1960s as the "New York Americans" and "New Jersey Americans"
- Oakland Oaks (ABA), a basketball team known briefly in 1967 as the "Oakland Americans"
- Chicago Americans, a soccer team in 1972
- New Jersey Americans (soccer), a soccer team from 1976 to 1979
- Dallas Americans, a soccer team from 1983 to 1985
- Tri-City Americans, a junior ice hockey team
- Allen Americans, a minor league hockey team