Amanda Nicole Perez is a female R&B singer-songwriter and record producer of Mexican descent. Amanda Perez was raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She grew up in the Waynedale community of Fort Wayne, where she attended North Side High School. She spent her teenage years selling drugs in order to raise money for her family. She also grew up boxing with boys, helping to mold her tough street persona.
Amanda was discovered in Ft. Wayne, Indiana by a talent scout and signed to the independent record label "Powerhouse Records" in 2001. From the Album "Where U at?" she released her first two singles "Never" and "Angel" to limited audiences in San Antonio and her home town. "Never" peaked at #79 on the Billboard Hot 100 sales chart, but the album did not see much success until it was picked up by Virgin and released it to a wider distribution area under the new name "Angel". Perez's most popular single to date "Angel" peaked at #20 on the Hot 100 sales chart and #3 at Top 40 Radio.
Mighty Mark Quinn of Powerhouse records directed and produced four music videos for Perez which all aired on MTV, VH1 and BET. Perez notably charted at #7 on the popular MTV viewer request show "Total Request Live."
Perez has had little success since departing form the original Powerhowse producers in 2004. She took time off to care for her mother who was diagnosed with cancer at that time. Her next album, "Hand of Fate" produced by Upstairs Records, was not released until 2007, after her mother's death. Her lone single from that album, "Candy Kisses," did not break the Billboard Hot 100, topping out at 110.
Amanda is said to be currently working on a new album to be released in late 2012. The work-in-progress album is to be called "Love Don't Make Sense."
|2002||"Never"||79||—||Where You At?|
|"I Like It"||—||—|
|2007||"Candy Kisses"||110*||—||Hand Of Fate|
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart, or was not released in that territory.|
|2001||"Never"||Mike Quinn and Andrew Little|
|2003||"Angel||Mike Quinn and Powerhouse|
|2004||"I Pray"||Mike Quinn and Powerhouse|
- ^ Farber, Jim. "Earthly 'Angel' has street cred". NYDailyNews.com. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2003-04-29/entertainment/18233477_1_album-chart-angel-universal-records-reissued. Retrieved April 29, 2003.
- ^ Loftus, Johnny. "Amanda Perez Biography". Starpulse.com. http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Perez,_Amanda/Biography/. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- ^ "Marketwire.com". http://www.sys-con.com/node/453303. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- ^ a b Amanda Perez - Angel - Music Charts aCharts.us Retrieved 09-19-10
- ^ Angel - Amanda Perez | Billboard.com Retrieved Sept. 19, 2010
- ^ I Pray - Amanda Perez | Billboard.com Retrieved Sept. 19, 2010
- ^ The Hand Of Fate - Amanda Perez | Billboard.com Retrieved 09-19-10
- ^ Amanda Perez - Angel billboard.com Retrieved Sept. 19, 2010