This is a list of deserts sorted by the region of the world in which the desert is located.
- Accona Desert – a semi-desert in central Italy
- Bardenas Reales – a semi-desert in Navarre, Spain (455 km²)
- Błędowska Desert – a desert located in Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland (32 km²)
- Deliblatska Peščara – a desert located in Vojvodina, Serbia (300 km²]
- Dungeness - a shingle desert located in southern Kent in the United Kingdom
- Highlands of Iceland – the interior plateau of Iceland; not a desert by climate, but effectively one because precipitation penetrates the volcanic soil so quickly that the land is infertile
- Ilhas Selvagens and Ilhas Desertas - two small archipelagos located between the island of Madeira, Portugal and the Canary Islands, Spain
- Larzac - a semi-desert in the Massif Central in France
- Monegros Desert – a semi-desert in Aragón, Spain
- Oleshky Sands – a desert located in Ukraine near Askania-Nova biosphere reserve (15 km in diameter)
- Oltenian Sahara – a desert spanning approximately 80,000 hectares or 800 km² in the Romanian historical province of Oltenia
- Piscinas - dunes desert in the Province of Medio Campidano in the Italian region Sardinia, Italy
- Santorini and Anafi, both islands located in the Aegean Sea, possess the only hot desert climates (BWh) in Europe, according to the Köppen climate classification.
- Tabernas Desert – a desert in Almería, Spain (280 km²)