The 242nd Infantry Division was a division of the German Army in the World War II.
In 1944, the division was in southern France, and fought against the Western Allies in Operation Dragoon.
Order of Battle 1944
- 765th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 917th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 918th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 242nd Artillery Regiment (3 battalions)
- 242nd Panzerjäger Battalion
- 242nd Reconnaissance Battalion
- 242nd Pioneer Battalion
- 242nd Signals Battalion
- 242nd Division Support Units
The fourth battalions of all three Grenadier regiments were battalions of the Ostlegionen conscripts from Poland and Russia.