"2150" redirects here. For the novel, see 2150 AD
The 2150s decade will begin on January 1, 2150 and will end on December 31, 2159. It will be the sixth decade of the 22nd century.
Predicted Astronomical Events
- June 25, 2150: Solar eclipse of 7 min 14 s, Solar Saros 139.
Exceeding 7 minutes of totality, this will be the first time this has happened in 177 years; the last one occurred on June 30, 1973. when the Concorde prototype followed the totality spot during 73 minutes.
Science Fiction set in 2150s
Television and Film
- Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D., a film adaptation of the second Doctor Who TV story to feature the Daleks.
- Hyperdrive, a British sitcom features the adventures of the crew of the HMS Camden Lock as they pursue Britain's interests in 2151.
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2151–2155; 2161). The first starship capable of reaching Warp 5 is launched from Earth, leading to unprecedented exploration of space, including first contacts with the Klingons, Andorians, and Romulans. According to this series, an area of Earth stretching from Florida to Venezuela will be devastated by an alien attack in 2153, resulting in the death of 7 million people. Enterprise is decommissioned in 2161, just prior to the establishment of the United Federation of Planets.
- According to Star Trek, the Earth-Romulan War will be fought between 2156 and 2160, which results in the establishment of the United Federation of Planets and Starfleet on October 11, 2161. Star Trek also predicts human colonization of Mars by 2103.
- The 2008 film The Inhabited Island is set in 2157.
- The Futurama Central Bureaucracy was established in 2158.
- Avatar, is set in May through August 2154, although flashback scenes in the opening are set in 2148.
- The 2013 film Elysium is set in 2159.