|This article may contain excessive, poor, or irrelevant examples. |
142 is the natural number following 141 and preceding 143.
There is no answer to the equation φ(x) = 142, making 142 a nontotient. There are 142 planar graphs with 6 unlabeled vertices.
In business and accounting
In literature and publications
In the military
- TXC142 Drum and Bass producer from the UK
- The song “142” by Crackout on their 2002 This Is Really Neat CD
- Bob Booker and George Foster’s novelty song "The Ballad of Irving," from the comedy album When You're in Love the Whole World Is Jewish, tells the story of "The Hundred and Forty-second Fastest Gun in the West"
In other uses
- Bus 142 (the "Magic Bus"), whose number is clearly visible on the bus that Christopher McCandless lived in until his death in Alaska, features prominently on the bus in the film made about his life called Into the Wild
- John Mulder 142: Crazy Clown/Robot Art mulder142.com
- ^ Erich Friedman, "What's Special About This Number": 142. Accessed 5 JAN 2008.